Tado Android app crashing

Options
New Tado user here. Just installed 4xTRVs in 3 rooms plus bridge. Tado app installed on Android mobile phone (Xiaomi 12/Android 13) and Android Tablet (Xiaomi Pad 5/Android 12). Phone App works fine, Tablet app keeps crashing. I can deinstall, reinstall and start again and it sort of works for a few hours, but 2 of my 3 rooms are not accessible (they are fine on the phone). When I start the app a few hours later it starts crashing again.
The only possible difference is that I tried joining the Tado Beta program from the tablet. The newly installed (presumably beta) app never worked. It crashed immediately, so I deinstalled it and went back to the regular app. Since then the problems arrived. Is there something left behind by the beta app causing this problem? Is so how can I clear it out so the regular app works?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Edwin

Comments

• Odd_dk
    Options

I have been using the Tado Beta App for some months now, with no problems.

• But yesteday the App started crashing, and just closed.
    • I have also reinstalled and are using Beta ver.,
    • - It's still crashing. Same as first post in this tread.
    • Anyone with good ideas???
    • /Odd_dk
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

Same here on Android phone (Beta user) yesterday. Start app and crashes immediately. Uninstalled app and working OK at the moment although on loading there is a flash across the screen which was not noticeable before.

• Minty95
    Options
    So I'm not alone, been running the beta version with no problems for many weeks, until the update Jan 4 2023, it then started crashing after a while, disinstalled it, went back to the normal version, which worked fine for a couple of hours, but now is crashing all the time. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, beta and normal versions but since the beta update Jan 4th, something has gone wrong ' It looks like the beta update has broken something somewhere and avec after disinstalling and reinstalling the app, it's not right
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Minty95 There have been at least 2 Android updates since Jan 4th !

• Minty95
    Options

@samd

Lastest 'normal' version was December 22nd 2022, version 7.10.0

Effectively beta update yesterday the 4th and now one for today the 5th 7.11.0

BUT, the normal version 7.10.0 crashes non stop after jan 4ths beta update

Just reinstalled the beta 7.11.0 and for the moment it opens correctly, but this was happening on all versions, opens correctly for a couple of hours then will start crashes, as if there's a memory leek or something. So now it's wait and see

Have been in contact with Tado by mail, giving them info so they can sort this out

• nyhok
    nyhok
    edited January 2023
    Options

I can confirm this, only my app on the first thermostat works. The rest all show a looping circle and the Energy IQ does not show a graph.

All other functions appear to work, with the theromstats recognising mode changes correctly and all thermostats are connected and up to date.

The crashing appears to happen after I've clicked on a thermostat that cannot be opened. After which the app will continuously crash upon opening and then can only be used if you clear the app storage and re-sign in again.

Using a Sony Xperia 5 III on Android 13 - Tado app version 7.10.0

• EdwinC
    Options

I've had an update to the (none-beta) app on my tablet this evening which now showing as V7.11.0 and currently seems to be working fine...

• Minty95
    Options
    Yes, I installed the today's Beta. Jan 5. earlier this afternoon and just tried it, it's still working, Also version 7.11.0 So fingers crossed 🤞
  • Hi, I am struggling with the Tado app in Android today too, it keeps crashing, worked fine yesterday, is the advice to uninstall and then reinstall?

• Minty95
    Options
    Try installing the lasted version 7.11 beta available today and apparently the normal version was updated today as well
  • Thanks Minty, seems to have worked, my kind regards.

• Ed_Dalton
    Options
    Same issue. Hoping that 7.11 fixes it
  • Jim7463
    Options
    7.10.0 Not crashing but not displaying anything. Worked on 29th December but today on phone and tablet it doesn't get as far as showing ANY data. The app shows Home, with tado and the three icons at the bottom but otherwise a white screen. Tried clearing cache and data on tablet, but then when I try to log on it opens a web page, I sign in and it doesn't even get as far as it did previously. Just a cartoon person sitting on a settee with a 22° symbol floating in mid air. So even the failed app is too warm.
  • ZaqTheMan
    Options
    Same crashes on my Android phone, web interface works fine.
  • ZaqTheMan
    Options
    Update 7.11.0 seems to be working for me atm.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed on devices issue. Samsung phone had problem but Samsung tablet worked fine throughout. But it does make you wonder about testing of releases!!

• Minty95
    Options

24 hours later,

The version beta 7.11 is still working, where as the 7.10 would stop working after an hour or two

Runing a Pixel 3 with Lineage

Effectifly it could also have been due the phone's make or / and model

• Jim7463
    Options
    According to tado support, a new version of the app is going through approval in the Google play store, which should fix the problems. Seeing as the previous release of 7.10.0 was supposedly a bug fix....
  • Jim7463
    Options

Well. Initially 7.12.0 released on 11 January appeared to work.

But it seems that Every time I open the app, other than on the same day, it needs me to log in! Four times so far. That involves it opening a browser web page with an address of "about:blank" which therefore is unrecognised by my password manager. Incredibly annoying! Why doesn't it remember me? Each time, I have to reclaim the name of the device I'm using, so somewhere in its database it knows about my tablet and logins.