Battery life

Options
Hi, I installed my tado system 3 weeks ago and one of the TRV’s has flagged up as being low on battery! Surely this isn’t normal

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The batteries Tado supplied for my wireless temp sensor died after a month so it isn’t out of the question. Try replacing the batteries and see how long they last.
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options

@james44 the typical battery life is 9-12 months, or more. One of our 24 installed trvs is a battery vampire. Often, you’ll get erroneous battery warnings. As well as the email, look at your local settings.

• james44
    Options
    Thank you for info, I’ll see how it goes
  • We have had tado TRVs in our holiday home in Scotland for about 6 months. I am concerned that I was alerted recently that one of the TRVs was offline as there’s nothing I can do about it until I visit the house. That’s fairly frequent from late spring through to early autumn but I worry that our rooms are not being heated in the middle of winter. This coming winter will be the first time we will experience the reliability of the TRVs when they are needed most though we don’t keep the temperature high, just enough to tick over and avoid burst pipes. Having read a few posts, I think it might be wise to swap the old batteries for new in the autumn and keep our fingers crossed.

• davidlyall
    Options

There is no general rule on how long batteries last due to there being so many factors involved

• size of property
    • distance from bridge to devices
    • construction materials of internal walls
    • number of walls that the signal must pass through

The consensus is to have the bridge as central and high as possible. If your router isn't conveniently placed for this then using powerline adapters to move the bridge elsewhere is an option

• wateroakley
    Options

@macrae777 In your circumstances, I’d probably replace all the batteries when you close up for winter. I’d also suggest a wired frost stat.