Tado not controlling upstairs radiators

Options

Afternoon all,

I've just replaced the original master unit (blue background below) with a Tado system and installed thermostats on most radiators in the house.

The upstairs radiators are manual ones so I can't just put the Tado thermostats on them, my thinking was to put the wireless sensor in the main bedroom and when I need to heat that room just use that to kick the heating into gear and it'll warm up the remaining non-Tado radiators.

Problem is that when the Tado system seems to be only able to fire up the radiators with the Tado thermostats on. To get the upstairs radiators to heat up I need to use the original thermostat (with pink background)

Am I missing something simple, have I installed it incorrectly? (wires 5 and 6 weren't connected to the new Tado system) All help is appreciated.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You’ve got a two zoned heating system by the looks of it, so to control the upstairs zone you’d need a smart thermostat wired to the zone valve, rather than a wireless temperature sensor.
  • Danhuckle
    Options

Thanks, I thought that was the case but annoyingly the Tado support said it'd be fine if I followed their installation instructions

• Danhuckle
    Options

Thinking about it, there's an upstairs radiator with the smart thermostat on that works via the system, it's just the manual one that doesn't. I'm hoping that if I do the same on the other radiators it'll work?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I don’t see how that could work if you have a two zone system but I don’t know your plumbing. Could be worth a try.