Boiler not getting messages from thermostat

Options
2»

Comments

• DM932187
    Options

Thanks @johnnyp78.

HeatGeek installer definitely the way to go if we're completely stumped.

@Janel - first check the configuration as above. If that doesn't seem to work, you're welcome to message me directly (click on my profile icon and you'll be able to send me a direct message) and we'll see if we can find a way to make some speedier progress in real time.

Bearing in mind we're customers, not heating engineers, I wouldn't want you to think I'll definitely be able to get you up and running properly (and I'm certainly not going to talk you through any boiler work or rewiring), but we should hopefully be able to rule out anything obvious and maybe save you the further delay and extra cost of getting in a pro.

• Janel
    Options

The problem is finally solved. Our local plumber, who services our boiler, called this morning and checked the wiring. One wire was in the wrong place, in 'heating off' when it should have been 'heating on'. That fixed, the system has been working fine all day. I feel foolish for not asking our plumber whether he could install a smart thermostat before I hired E'on. I had it fixed in my head that the installation had to be by an electrician. It is a huge relief to have the heating working again.

Thanks to both of you for your support.

Tado, incidentally, had me take pictures of the wiring, but then told me it looked as if Eon's contractor had got the wiring right. Our plumber was baffled, because it was obvious to him that the wire that had been put in 'heating off' should have been in 'heating on'.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Glad you got it sorted.
  • DM932187
    Options
    Great news, and thankfully just about in time for this very cold snap.

ATB