TADO AC parallel to existing remote control

Nalle48
Nalle48
edited October 2019 in General Questions & Topics

Hi, what happens if I reduce the setting temperature on the existing remote control? TADO AC is telling me it is still heating. Who decides?

Regards

//Nalle 48

Answers

• Hello Nalle48,

If you are using tadoº in Thermostatic Control mode, tado will keep sending signals to maintain your set temperature. If ift's set to OFF then it wouldn't act.

If you are using it in Non Thermostatic Control mode, then the remote will command the AC as well. Bear in mind that status changes made from the remote won't be known to the tado control, so it may be convenient that when you are using Non Thermostatic Control you wouldn't use the regular remote.

Best regards,

Germán

• Why don't TADO receive the signals from an ordinary remote and update Tado's temperature and mode settings — so, it would be in sync with the AC? If Tado is placed near the AC this shouldn't be a problem. I was really hoping to keep using ordinary remote with AC as it's much easier to do myself and especially easier for guests. I was hoping to purchase Tado v3+ for a guest house, so I would be able to remotely "precondition" the home before guests arrive, but to let them use the ordinary remote normally.

I guess this is not how it's meant to be used?