Wired Thermostat Relay Mode

I have a Tado Wired Thermostat wired into an underfloor wiring station (Heatmiser UH4). It replaced a cheap Heatmiser Thermostat. The Tado Thermostat is trying to call for both low and medium heat settings but only the high heat setting activates the zone in the wiring center.

So, either can I modulate the wiring center somehow so that low and medium can be used (my guess is no)? Or alternatively can I set the Tado Thermostat to a relay mode so that it only calls for the high heat setting (on/off only)?

Answers

• How is the thermostat configured? It’s my understanding that in relay mode it can only open or close a switch.
  • I wired the thermostat according to the installation instructions. How do I enable relay mode?

• I see what you’re saying now. It appears to be wired for relay - you can check the wiring and config in the link below. I think you’ll need to check your wiring centre, the thermostat can only open or close a switch in relay so if it’s doing that and the wiring centre isn’t responding, the problem might lie there.

Sounds like it might be worth contacting Tado support too and seeing if they can check the thermostat’s sensitivity - there’s a chance it isn’t activating the relay when it says there’s a low and medium call for heat.

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/7k4rssnm8hbmr6mjf94qmck/104210-DIGITAL-ST01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-EN-00-V3.pdf
  • Thanks, the comment about the sensitivity makes a lot of sense. I will contact support to see if they can do anything. Thanks for your help.