Away Temp Issues

Options
So new to Tado, just used Geofencing for the first time.

All rooms are set to 15 away temp.
However the app shows some being set 1-2 higher than that.

IE Dining Room is set to 15. But app shows it currently set to 16.2, even though it shows the system in away mode through Geofencing.
Office is worse, shows 17.2.

Pics (if they work and are allowed, not sure how to embed on mobile)

https://imgur.com/a/TioWvjh

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Do you have pre-heat before arrival switched on? This feature will start to heat the home when you're away. It takes an amount of time to pre-heat, so the further you go away from home the lower it will allow the room temperature to drop.

• Rom
    Rom
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Early start is off.

Preheat is set to balance for all rooms.
    Surely the whole point of the away temperature is to choose what I want it to be.
    I understand preheat will start to warm once I am in range. But we're all miles away, have been all day. Yet its still saying some rooms are set to 17.2, despite the away Temp being 15.

It's not preheating currently. It's just telling me the set temp is higher than my away temp. The rooms working correctly show me a set temp the same as my away temp.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    What measuring devices are you using? Sometimes trvs can give an overly high reading if they’re attached to a shared water pipe that stays warm.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

@Rom The away temp sets an absolute minimum. If you want to choose what it is set to, then turn off preheat before arrival.

As you have enabled preheat before arrival the system is correctly calculating a revised minimum based on your distance from home. For example, let's assume Tado has calculated it takes 20 mins to heat your home by 1°C. If your scheduled home temp is 20°C and the nearest user is 1 hour from home then Tado will calculate an away temperature of 17°C for the comfort setting. If you find the level of preheat is too great when set to Balanced, then step down to Eco.

• Rom
    Options
    @GrilledCheese2 thank you.
    I didn't realise it worked like that. I thought it would just turn heating in once you returned to the radius set.
    Makes sense now I guess. I assumed it would just automatically show all rooms set to my min away temp.

Based on what it shows, I think the rooms that show 15, are set lower on the schedule (unoccupied in day) and the rooms which are above my min away, are the room which are set to say 19 on the schedule. So it keeps them closer to the right temp, instead of letting them drop to 15 it seems.