Upgrade thermostats with Tado smart system

Options

Am planning to upgrade thermostats with Tado smart system.

My current installation below:

Installation.

Downstairs Kitchen cardboard.

Boiler, Potterton Titanium Combi

Drayton Lifestyle thermostat programmer LP522 controlling both hot water and heating installed under boiler.

Danfoss TP5000Si Wired Programmable Room Thermostat installed in the hallway.

Upstairs water Cylinder: Everflo

Would you please advise if I can keep the existing Drayton Lifestyle thermostat programmer LP522 and only replace Danfoss TP5000Si with Tado Wired Smart Thermostat Starter Kit V3+ and add a few Tado smart radiator valves to control the rooms individually?

I want to avoid replacing the existing Drayton Lifestyle thermostat programmer LP522 with Wireless Receiver as works well for both the water and heating systems. 

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It sounds entirely possible. Should be a like for like switch. Just set the heating on the programmer to always on.
  • pszemm
    Options

Thanks for the update.

Also received information from support.

Sharing info for others:

For option 1, leaving the Drayton Lifestyle programmer in place, you’ll need the following tado° devices:

• 1 x Starter Kit - Wired Smart Thermostat V3+

In this case, your programmer should be set to always on so the Smart Thermostat can control the heating.

For option 2, replacing the Drayton Lifestyle as well, you’ll need these tado° devices:

• 1 x Starter Kit - Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+ [Incl. Programmer with Hot Water Control]

In this case, you will be able to control both the heating and hot water with your tado° devices, thus improving the efficiency of your heating system while reducing costs.