Replace existing T40 Honeywell Thermastat with Wired Tado for conventional boiler photos provided

Hi I couldn't find my answer with a Google or from the forum so I'm asking you experts.

My setup, Ideal Classic conventional boiler with wired Honeywell T40 room thermastat and Honeywell on off heating/hot water timer in airing cupboard.

I've bought the wired Tado V3+ starter kit my intention is to just replace the T40 room thermastat, I'm assuming I've bought the correct product for my setup?

I am hoping with the provided wiring photos you experts will be able to tell me the correct wiring terminals on the Tado.

Thank you for any help, the Tado isn't installed yet just wanted to get the correct wiring before I start.

Best Answer

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Once you install the bridge, it will ask you for your set up and give you customised instructions.

Answers

• I’m assuming you’re going to leave the hot water controller in place? If so you should be fine to swap over the wired thermostat. You should get install instructions from the app when you do it.

I would guess COM will come from 2 and NO from 3 but I would wait and see what Tado tells you to do.
  • Thanks for the reply, yes I'm leaving the hot water controller in place, now I need to figure out how to get the instructions from the app, I gave up when the app wanted me to connect the bridge because I'm not ready yet, so I'm not sure how the instruction part knows my setup.

• Thank you, I will report back when I eventually do it, hopefully by the weekend if I am still unsure.

• Paulb74
    Paulb74
    edited December 2022

I have the same wiring in my T6360B and unfortunately, it does not have a solution within the app. instead asked me to send a pic to tado I am still awaiting a response If anyone has a solution to the above wiring specification on the Honeywell it would be appreciated

• Snoopzster
    edited December 2022

Hi Paul I actually wired mine in on Saturday using the instructions from the app, make sure you select the correct thermastat model Honeywell T6360 it was all pretty straight forward for my conventional boil but your circumstance maybe different.

On the wiring select screen on the app I selected the following.

C A A

After that it asks me to label up the wires.

If your situation is a conventional boiler and wired thermostat this is what i did below, it is at your own risk though.

• did Tado get back top you with specific instructions and is your HW still working on demand and the tad controlling your heating~?

if you could share a snap of your current wiring to the tado that would be great cause initially it looks like our wiring is the same.

• Snoopzster
    edited December 2022

No i did it all via the app, please see my edit photos on previous post, i hope its correct for you.

It controls my heating only and my honeywell controller in the airing cupboard is left on constant and it all works perfectly.

• do you leave your heating on constant now and let the tado control when it comes on and off?

• Yes i leave my Honeywell controller on Constant for the Heating only and then setup the schedule in the app on my phone, you will likely spend the next few days getting used to the app but its all great.

• cheers all wired up and working a treat the problem with the app is that the dashed lines on the wires are not quite clear but once I worked it out sorted.

thanks for the pics and the advice it all worked a treat merry crimbo to you

• Paulb74
    Paulb74
    edited December 2022

as an update Tado came back to me after I had already wired it up and said I needed to get the wireless kit their suggestion was that I replace my ST9100s with the wireless box and then bypass my thermostat to use the tAdo wireless thermostat

this is not the case the wired kit can be used in conjunction with my st9100s controller I leave the heating on constant and use Tado to control the times and temp and it works a treat my hot water remains working on demand. I can confirm I used the same wiring protocol CAA from within the app to replace my T6360B and have the Tado wired work in conjunction with my Honeywell controller