No Hot water

Options

Hi,

I have had my Tado system running for 6 months with no issue. I brought a second system to update my mothers heating which had a black thermostat. She didn't like the black one so i gave her my original white one. Her system seems to be working fine after wiring in but i cannot get hot water from my system now. Even if the hot water is selected in the app as on the light does not come on on the wireless receiver. I have tried pressing the hot water button on the receiver too but this has no effect. I have gone through the menu on the wireless thermostsat and it has a tick against EK which from the manual says it shouldn't. Can anyone help as I have contacted tech support and had no answer. Obviously being without water is not great so a quick answer would be really appreciated.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    What kind of boiler do you have, combi or system? I’m assuming a system?

In that case, follow the instructions to configure the wireless receiver for s or y plan (section 6).

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/tqh86npbjjhws5gwkxfncbfh/104172-DIGITAL-WRP01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-UK-00-V2.pdf
  • sjn9894
    Options

I have S plan on a normal pressurized system

• sjn9894
    Options

I've also followed these instructions but not made a difference. Thanks for answering

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Just to check, when you replaced your thermostat, did you change any wiring?
  • sjn9894
    Options

No, wiring the same. Not sure if i deleted the thermostat correctly and it won't work as its looking for original thermostat. Should i worry that the EK has a tick against in the engineers menu on the new thermostat?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Sorry, try this one, section 5, wireless set up. Your system is R01 https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/fn5jmx6wp7tk6t3rmzb79mw7/Extension_Kit_Manual_-_230V_Relay_Installations.pdf

The EK should have a tick against it, it’s the same thing as the wireless receiver.

You could also try downloading the Tado pro app and see if it says there are any issues.
  • sjn9894
    Options

Thanks Johnny. It still doesn't make any sense and i can't get it to work. Its so annoying as it was working fine with old wireless thermostat and HW will not work now. I haven't had any contact from tech support either. Does anyone know how to get them to respond or any ideas on sorting this issue out.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If the HW button on the wireless receiver isn’t doing anything it sounds like it’s either a problem with the wireless receiver itself or the wiring. Have you checked your s plan valves to make sure they can move freely and aren’t stuck?

In the meantime keep trying support.
  • sjn9894
    Options

I hard wired the +ve to the HW NO contact and the HW started immediately so I think there is no issue with the heating system. The problem has only started since I changed the thermostat so I'm putting my money on there being a configuration inside the receiver that's stopping if for some reason or as you say there must be fault in it but big coincidence to happen just when I changed the thermostat. It is weird though that pressing the HW button on the receiver doesn't do anything. Is there anyway of doing a factory reset on the receiver? I've downloaded the installer app but need to be at home to get qr code from the internet bridge to get it to work.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You could cut the power to it. Otherwise try doing this https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3453117-how-can-i-restart-my-tado-devices

I suspect in both cases it doesn’t factory reset it though.
  • sjn9894
    Options

Thanks again but tried that as well but doesn't factory reset

• DM932187
    Options

Hi @sjn9894

Did you ever get this fixed? After a couple of weeks of reluctance, I this morning finally decided to install the V3+ unit I bought to upgrade from v1. Not exactly difficult wiring, but now I have exactly the same (no) HW issue as you.

I've managed to identify that the receiver is configured to combi (despite its default supposedly being S plan), and followed the instructions to reconfigure to system. It gets as far as the flashing green LED, then can't save the change and reverts to combi.

Have reported to Tado. In the meantime, did they manage to fix yours?

• DM932187
    Options

Hmm, interesting. If I set the new wireless sensor to be independent, rather than linked to the wireless receiver, the receiver reverts back to system (s plan) configuration and the HW can be controlled by the receiver but not be the app.

So I had a play, seeking a workaround waiting for tado support (as I figured it would take a while).

I discovered that I could, in fact, run both tado systems side by side, with the v1 still controlling the water, and the v3+ the heating. Whilst this sounds a bit rubbish at first, I then tried linking the v1 remote temp sensor, and found out I can run the heating from the v1 smart stat (relay) too.

So what this all means, is I can have two temp sensors to fire the heating, giving me more accuracy on overall household temperature (it's a single zone). The v3+ is now in the hallway for sensing the temperature of the house overall, and the v1 temp sensor is in lounge for the evenings/weekends - as that room tends to get cooler due to large windows, but also therefore, gets warmer with solar gain - hence no good for sensing the whole house)

Whilst I'd like tado to move HW control to the wireless receiver, I rather like this new set up.

Just now need to figure out how I stop tado support removing my dual tado system!