Automation in tado app or Apple Home app

Options

I am trying to find documentation on this, but did not succeed yet.

The tado automation (Smart Settings) was in place and working properly before the Apple Home app was connected to the tado bridge.

In the Home app scenes, one can also define automations involving the tado settings.

The question is whether one automation will interfere with the other? Or is it better or needed to switch of automation in tado or in the Home app and what choice is the best?

Best Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    HomeKit can work without being connected to the cloud but there’s a few automations it can’t do, such as anything connected to hot water. You can also set it to geofence, though I’ve stuck with the Tado app.

Yes, the automations can interfere with each other so people often prefer to use one app or the other.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @johnnyp78
    When you say that the automations can interfere with each other.....are you making reference to the fact that some people inadvertently use the same room/device names in both automation.
    This is/was a problem for some people in the past.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I was thinking more in terms of geofencing being overriden by Tado if you have it set it in HomeKit but I would think that would be a problem too.

Answers

• Raffy1_
    Options

Thanks for the replies.

I had automations running at the same time from both Google Home, Apple Home and tado. No wonder the heating reacted strange sometimes. I would appreciate if tado or Google or Apple or all of the suppliers would explain things better. You can't find good documentation on this anywhere.

Even with Signify and "the Homes" it took me a while to sort things out. Still am.