TRV not calling for heat

Options
My set up is a wireless thermostat and extension kit plus each radiator has a smart TRV. When I request heat only from a TRV the boiler does not fire. If I request heat first from the wireless thermostat it is then possible to call heat to individual radiators. The zone controller for the thermostat and all TRVs is the extension kit. Have got something wrong in my setup?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Sounds like it’s incorrectly configured somewhere. Can you use the app to call for heat from specific rooms?
  • Only if the boiler has been fired as a result of calling for heat from the wireless thermostat.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Try making the wireless thermo and trvs independent then reassign the zone controller. That’s all I can think of.

Also if you get the Tado pro app, it should tell you if there are any issues in your installation.
  • Thanks very much for the advice. Much appreciated. I have a question out with support so will see if they have any recommendations.
  • My only idea was to move internet bridge into more central location which would also be closer to the extension kit but I doubt this will help as I know the radiators will call for heat.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Yeah, it seems more like a zone controller issue but it’s worth a try.
  • tomcart90
    Options

@David_Poole , did you manage to get it working in the end? I'm facing a similar problem with the exact same setup.