SRV off set annoying

Options
SRVs never read correct room temp when on, obviously they are right next to radiator, but find it annoying if you do offset the temp normally by 3 degrees, when the radiators aren't on the actual and what should be correct room temp is 3 degrees out! SRVs our poor design in my opinion for the price and no way am I buying temp sensors for each room! Rant over

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options

@fleeson69

Welcome to the (very) weird and (not so) wonderful world ......according to tado°

• drmattb
    drmattb
    edited November 2022
    Options

I found using the offset helped to some extent but also repeated boiler cycling continued as below. The issue completely resolved when I put add on thermostats in each room. I appreciate the cost could be significant, particularly for large setups.

• luteijn
    Options
    The most frustrating part to me is that those proper temperature sensors are so expensive and big, while I have the temperature information available from simple devices cobbled together from an esp-board & a 'one-wire'-sensor, and from a hacked co2-meter all ready to supply to the system, if only they would allow such external input via 'virtual thermostat'.
    One could easily wire up the old on/off thermostats that tado replaced as 'heat requestors' too; a nicer way 'in' other than the hack of messing with the offsets as people are doing now would be extremely welcome.