Replacing old controller and thermostat with wireless Tado. No access to wiring centre.

Options

Hi, I am looking to replace my old Honeywell ST6400C controller and Honeywell wired thermostat with a Tado V3+wireless thermostat starter kit.

I have a Worcester Greenstar 24i system boiler.

Unfortunately due to thoughtless installation, the wiring centre is inaccessible without removing the boiler.

I was wondering if I will still be able to replace this without wiring centre access.

Below is the wiring I have available in the controller.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can replace your programmer with the wireless receiver without needing to make any changes to the wiring centre. Based on your current wiring the system is "Y-Plan".

Answers

• Thanks, this is really helpful.

• WATTIE60
    WATTIE60
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have exactly the same setup and replaced the ST6400C controller + Wireless Honeywell Thermostat with the TADO Wireless Receiver using the same wires as per the previous Y plan wiring - like for like. However the Boiler is NOT coming on. All the TADO devices are registered on the network and working fine along with the app. The 2 x TADO thermostats are registering the temp.

The HOT water is coming on for the Hot water tank,via the Wireless Receiver ( as per the UK setup ) but NOT the central heating?

Any suggestions?

• wateroakley
    Options

@WATTIE60 What have you done with the wiring in the receiver for the Honeywell wireless thermostat? The CH thermostat wiring will usually need to be bridged.