Does a ‘chat’ have a response time of several hours?

Options
The only option to contact tado with a customer service query is via a function they call ‘chat’. In my experience many companies are switching to chat to save cost and it is often frustratingly slow with response from the agent taking many minutes, sometimes up to 5 minutes. However I have never come across a ‘chat’ with response time of many hours! In my opinion this is not a chat - it is an extremely clunky way tado forces it’s customers to send emails. What do you think? Is it a chat if it takes many hours for a response? I think if I was having a chat with a friend in the pub and they took many hours to respond to my question I’d have gone home or got too drunk to understand them by the time their response came!

Does a ‘chat’ have a response time of several hours? 7 votes

Yes (I’m in no rush)
0%
No (It’s insulting your customers’ intelligence to call this a ‘chat’
100%
samdjohnnyp78luteijnphil9971AndyD91Donnyboyedkeene 7 votes

Comments

• phil9971
    Options

Over 48 hours hours since I submitted a request on "chat" and still no response. I have TADO controlling an Opentherm setup and need it to reduce the flow temperature from 80c to 50c - this should be included in settings and not require remote support input.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    @phil9971 it is included in settings - do a forum search and there’s a long thread on how to do it. You can do it via the Tado pro app.
  • phil9971
    phil9971
    edited November 2022
    Options

@johnnyp78 thanks for the reply. I had checked the forums and the advice was to contact support to do it. Having said that, I've just downloaded the app - this is brilliant, thank you! Any idea how long the temperature change takes to actually come into effect? The boiler is still racing up to 70c when demand for heat is made🤔

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It depends on your boiler. Some boilers, like mine, can override whatever you’ve set through the app if you change the settings on the panel, so it’s worth checking that too.
  • phil9971
    Options

Thanks - It's a relatively new Baxi and I can't override the settings, which is good. I'll leave it overnight and see how it goes.