Home number two - vacation house

I have bought equipment but not able to setup - seems like it’s not supported within app
So now I need a new device - new mail - new virtual identity to get going - think I giving up - or did I miss something?
You can only have one home with tado 🙈

Comments

• Michael
    Michael ✭✭✭

Hi,

Unfortunately the app doesn't support to homes at the moment (you need to log in and log out). I can't give you a date when this will be available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Michael

• I would also like to see this

• I just bought a second Tado for my secondary house and found it is not supported to add a second house! How is this possible? I would return my new tado to Amazon
  • just done the same, bought a second tado to control a second house (now my primary home) as i am now leasing out the old house as a holiday home. could do with both houses listed in the app so that i can manually switch on the schedule for the second house.

thanks

• I posted a workaround for Samsung android users that would allow a second app to be set up. It's probably possible to do it on Apple too but I've not tested that

Search for "workaround" and you should find it
  • Many years have passed and there is still no sign of any progress on adding multiple locations. I'd like to add a second Tado system to my office, but there is no facility to do so on the app. It makes no sense. We the customers are less likely to invest in the Tado ecosystem if it cannot grow with us.

• How is this progressing? Is there anything we can do together as customers to encourage change or communicate our needs to Tado?

• If you're using Android phones then the workaround I posted in this thread might help you

I don't have a second home for Tado but created another account and tested successfully with having both apps open on the same phone. It still needs two accounts but at least you don't need to log out and back in each time

Not sure if this is possible on Apple iOS devices

I think in terms of the Tado user base, second home owners will be very much in the minority but it does seem like it should be functionality they could implement relatively easily

• I guess we just need to carry several phones like some kind of Breaking Bad villain - but seriously when will this be fixed?

• @Tado_WhyNo2ndLoc. Yes, a lot of people have asked for this functionality but what % of users is it really. I suspect a very small number which is probably why Tado are not placing much priority on it.

In the meantime, if you have two homes and Android devices, my workaround works and saves you logging out and back in each time