Myson Touch Dual Zone Wired Thermostats

Options

Hi

I'm a total novice so appreciate any help but it will need to be single syllable words :-)

I've just moved in to a fairly new house and have a dual zone system controlled by two Myson Touch thermostats - one downstairs controls heating downstairs (obvs) and hot water - upstairs one controls upstairs.

I have purchased a wired thermostat starter kit with the bridge and a separate additional wired thermostat - when I've started looking at the wiring it's more complicated than I hoped - I had hoped that once I removed the panel of the Myson I would see exactly the same port letters/number as on the Tado but oh no someone has to make it more complicated don't they!

So this is what my downstairs wiring looks like...

So how the hell do I map that to the Tado version of this puzzle?

This is what my upstairs one looks like... same question!

Any help will be more than gratefully received!!

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Do you want Tado to control your hot water as well? If you do you’re going to need a wireless receiver too. Otherwise you’re going to have to leave that downstairs controller installed for hot water.

Your upstairs thermostat is relatively simple. NO goes to NO on the Tado thermostat, C goes to COM, park L and N (any of the parking slots fine).
  • Yeah I was looking to have it control hot water too - I'm away a lot at the minute so reprogramming the heating and water all the time is a ballache - I used Hive at my old house - kinda wishing I'd stuck with that now!

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Your problem is the zoning unfortunately, which seems to be installed in every uk new build now to comply with energy saving regulations.

Fwiw Tado is a decent system when you get it up and running (unless you have a massive house or esoteric plumbing, neither of which seems to apply in your case).
  • Thanks for the replies - so are you saying that the wired thermostats can't do hot water and I'll need to replace my downstairs Myson thermostat that currently does downstairs heating and water with a wireless one?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The wired thermostats can’t control hot water. You need a wireless receiver (not thermostat) connected to the system to do that. You can then use your current ‘wired’ thermostat to connect to the receiver wirelessly. Hope that makes sense!
  • I'd be lying if I said yes!

So the upstairs looks straight forward.

Downstairs are you saying replace the wired thermostat and also get a wireless receiver? If so how do I wire the downstairs one? I assume the wireless receiver connects to the boiler directly?

Thanks for you help it's much appreciated!

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Yes, you replace the downstairs system with a wireless receiver and a Tado thermostat in place of the thermostat, connected wirelessly rather than wired in. The wireless receiver connects to the boiler and hot water tank. Check what hot water system you have - looks like s plan - and you should get instructions from Tado to set it up.
  • Apologies for the thread resurrection but I am in a similar position. I have what looks to be the same Myson PRT's (Programmable Room Thermostats), and I'm getting confusing information from tado.

I have a dual zone system with 2 of these Myson thermostats (which apparently are also programmable controllers?). When I started the installation, the tado app said I couldn't replace this with a wired thermostat, I needed an extension kit. Following up with tado, they confirmed this and said I would need to have the 1st zone communicate with the extension kit wirelessly and the 2nd zone would need to be rewired to work with the wired thermostat.!?!? This has suddenly seemed like a very big job but the replies to this thread seem to imply a simple transfer of cabling..

To be clear, both of my thermostats are wired as per the 2nd picture above, neither has control of HW as I have a Mixergy HW tank.

So, do i give up on tado and go with something else as I cannot find a local installer willing to touch tado, or is the wiring as simple as the replies make it seem.?