Install Tado with Nest

Options
I am new to Tado and am looking for advice.
I currently have a Nest thermostat controlling my CH and HW but am looking for a way to have “Heat on Demand” from the radiators, which is not catered for with Nest.
My question is it possible to incorporate the Tado wireless receiver into my system to allow heat on demand with a Tado temperature sensor.
I have contacted support who indicated it could be possible with bridging the existing thermostat but didn't specifically mention Nest. Any help or experiences appreciated

Best Answer

• stevieg1
    stevieg1
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your quick response
    So to be clear I need the Wireless Receiver and the Wireless Thermostat.
    Also can I assign ALL my TRV to the Wireless Receiver and they call for heat when heat required

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

You need to replace the Nest heatlink with the Tado Wireless Receiver. The wiring is very similar. No need to bridge the Nest thermostat, you simply disconnect the two wires. You then have a wireless thermostat that is powered by batteries that you can mount in the same position as the Nest thermostat, or in your preferred location.

Add the smart TRVs and assign the wireless receiver as their zone controller. If a TRV is associated with a zone controller it can make requests for heat from the boiler.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

You'll need the Wireless Thermostat Starter Kit, which includes a wireless temperature sensor, a wireless receiver and a bridge/hub.

You can assign up to 10 TRVs to a zone controller. If you need more TRVs you can operate them independently of the zone controller, meaning they can control the maximum room temperature, but they cannot demand heat from the boiler.

• stevieg1
    Options
    Perfect, thank you 👍