Should I buy a Wired or a Wireless Tado Thermostat?

Options

My existing thermostat (not a smart one) is in the hallway. Although I could replace it with a Tado Wired Smart Thermostat, it seems to me that it's not a clever idea to control the boiler based on the temperature in hallway.

It seems to me that having a Tado Wireless Smart Thermostat in the living room where we spend most of the time makes more sense. And as it's a portable Thermostat, we can always take it and put it in that room where we are in.

Does it sound right? What do you think?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    That sounds exactly right. You could also add trvs at a later stage.
  • Kissarmy
    Options
    This might depend on whether you want opentherm control of your boiler which allows modulation. The wired smart thermostat includes the wiring terminals for opentherm (low voltage digital control signals) as well as the standard 230volt relay terminals. The standard UK wireless receiver and wireless thermostat kit only has the relay connections. (It is possible to buy the EU version which has both from Tados professional installers shop not the usual shop). A smart wired thermostat in the hall would act as the temperature sensor calling for heat for any room you hadn't installed a Smart Radiator Thermostat in. Smart Radiator Thermostats measure the temperature of the room they are in and communicate via the bridge with either the wireless receiver or the wired Smart Thermostat to demand heat from the boiler.