Swap Wireless Receiver to Extension Kit

Options

I have a V3 system working fine at the moment with several wireless thermostats and 2 wireless temperature sensors in different zones. I want to change to the extension kit to take advantage of the opentherm capability of my Ideal Logic boiler. I know how to wire the boiler up for this ok, but non of my thermostats or sensors talk to the controller when i replace it. I paired the extension kit in the app and swapped the zone controller for each of the rooms to the new extension kit. It still didnt work. No signal is being received. I know there is a change to be made on the on the sensor for opentherm to work and followed the instructions accordingly, but the save failed probably because it couldnt speak to the new controller. Does anyone know what I need to do to just change a controller?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Sometimes ideal logics need an opentherm harness - there should be instructions on what to do in the manual. Does the extension kit have power? Otherwise try setting the extension kit from the thermostat https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/bxgtx5kghgjrbcs4m68kqch/Extension_Kit_Manual_-_Low_Voltage_Digital_Installations.pdf
  • TheGreatCornholio
    edited October 2022
    Options

Many thanks for your reply.

The harness is already in situ and I'm pretty sure the boiler is wired up correctly. There is power to the extender. The issue is further down the chain. Like I previously said I have a working system with 2 wireless temperature sensors in the house. I believe it is these that are used to put the NEW extender into Opentherm mode. I go through the installer menu and activate the changes, however when I save the configuration, the save fails. What are the temperature sensors and radiator valves paired with? I thought it was just to the gateway. So in my eyes, I paired the NEW extender according to the instructions and this shows in the app as connected. Why doesn't anything else on the system talk to the NEW extender like they do the OLD one? I can see that no commands are being sent to the NEW extender.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If everything is paired to your bridge then there shouldn’t be a problem. You could try unregistering and reinstalling the extraction kit - if that doesn’t work then I think you probably have to go to Tado support.