Installation problem - wireless receiver constantly resetting

Options
Just installed wireless v3+ version to my Vaillant ecofit pure 830 combi boiler (UK based).

The wireless receiver keeps making a clicking sound, and then all the lights go off for a few seconds and then it comes back on. The app isn't showing any error messages, but if I push the test button, or try to adjust the temperature on the app, it will go off. Its almost like a fuse is tripping?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Silent_Oz
    Options
    Image of inside boiler
  • Silent_Oz
    Options
    Image of wireless receiver
  • wateroakley
    Options

@Silent_Oz Have you received/followed the wiring instructions from Tado? It looks like you are powering the Tado wireless receiver from the low voltage + - bus connections in the boiler?

Please note the warnings in the boiler install guide: Caution. Risk of material damage caused by incorrect installation.

• Silent_Oz
    Options

@wateroakley Yes i had wired into the bus connections, i've now connected to the main plug and the reciever is working correctly, but does it matter that i have double tapped on the main plug connectors?

• wateroakley
    Options

@Silent_Oz Glad to hear it's now working. Provided that the power supply cables are neatly fitted into a suitable connection block, and protected with a 3A rated fuse in the supply, it shouldn't matter.