Instillation question

Options

I have 3 wired Honeywell thermostats, also a wireless thermostat going to 4 actuators

I need to change the stats to Tado and on the one that controls the upstairs radiators, I need to install 6 Tado TRVs

Can anyone help with whats required.

I am an electrician and installed the basic set up but not this

Answers

• starconf
    starconf
    edited October 2022
    Options

@AlHalal123 The wired thermostats will each need replacing with a wired Smart thermostat, I assume these are for underfloor heating?

Is the wireless thermostat connected to an actuator for an underfloor heating circuit or does it control the water to the 6 radiators? If it's just for the radiators the wireless thermostat may no longer be needed as the 6 Smart TRVs will detect the temperatures, you will just need a wireless reciever for them to communicate with.

Do you have a combi boiler or a hot water tank?

• AlHalal123
    Options

yes its 3 wired wall stats going to actuators so thats a straight swap

Then I have another zone on an actuater which controls a large bathroom underfloor heating, i was going to use the wireless on this as its on a wireless now and incorporate the hot water from that controller. Also put the rad valves through the wireless

• starconf
    Options

The wireless thermostat can be replaced with a Tado Wireless Smart Thermostat kit, with the reciever wired to the 4th actuator for your bathroom underfloor heating. The problem will be with your radiator valves, the only way I can think of this working is to have yet another wired smart thermostat as a receiver for the radiator valves. This thermostat will be wired directly to the boilers call for heat.

• AlHalal123
    Options

I already have a wired honeywell that controls radiators, I am going to change that to a Smart wired but how do i make it a receiver as i have two other wired stats controlling underfloor heating on the ground floor

• starconf
    Options

Any Tado wired Stat can be a receiver, you just need to set it as the Zone Controller for the rooms with TRVs using the Tado app.