Change of Meter

Options

I’ve just had a smart meter installed and want to know how I can enter new much lower meter readings or how I can delete all the old meter readings. I don’t particularly want to keep adding the last meter reading to every new daily meter reading.

Answers

• Neel
    Options

I also have this Issue. Is there a solution for this?

@ivanw83, Have you found anything out yet?

thanks

Neel

• IvanW83
    Options

no reply from TADO.

I just created a simple excel spread sheet which adds the number of units used since last reading and adds it to the last meter reading onnthe previous meter. this then gives you a theoretical new meter reading as if the meter had not been changed.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @IvanW83 @Neel I also had a new gas meter a month ago.

The only option I found was to go into the meter reading history in the tado app and painstakingly click on every existing reading and delete it.

I could then start fresh from 0. I'm as sure as I can be that deleting the readings also deletes any "learned history" from Energy IQ - though I'll let you be the judge of how clever that is anyway...
  • Neel
    Options

@cbd20 Holy Hell, that shouldn't have to be the way though. Yes please let us know how you get on with the Energy IQ Details after your cull of meter readings.

@IvanW83 yeah i think I may have to resort to that as well until they sort it out.

@GrayDav4276 that's what I thought, but if they have it then I have not found it.

• johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    Options
    As it says in the app, if you change the data source, your previous data will be deleted and reset
  • IvanW83
    Options

This is my solution and I'm sure that Tado should also be capable of building this into their software

• Chenks76
    Chenks76
    edited October 2022
    Options

i didn't even know you could add meter readings in the tado app.

where is this done?

edit - ahh it's within the paid "feature" of Energy IQ which is why i've never seen it, and probably never will see it.

• Scidd0w
    Scidd0w
    edited November 2022
    Options

Is there already an official answer from Tado on this above topic? My meter just got replaced.

I added the last year a lot of readings. I'm not concerned about losing the reading history, but I would be upset if I lost my energy IQ statistics.