Hot water missing from app

Options

I'm a UK user and have just installed the wireless receiver to replace a wired hot water programmer. I've followed all instructions provided by Tado before and after installing. However there is no icon for hot water on my app! So there is no way to tell the wireless receiver that it should be controlling hot water and set the hot water schedule. So I am left manually pressing the override on the wireless receiver each day... very disappointing for such an expensive system.

I messaged Tado about this on Saturday and still no reply.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Just to check, you do have a system boiler and not a combi? If so, look at section 6. You should have either a green or blue led according to whether your system is s or y plan (green) or gravity fed (blue).

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/tqh86npbjjhws5gwkxfncbfh/104172-DIGITAL-WRP01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-UK-00-V2.pdf
  • Donnyboy
    Options
    Yes I have exactly the same problem.
    Installed Tado to gravity system with no room thermostat heated by oil fired Aga. Circa 1970.
    Replaced Drayton LP522 controller.
    Tado controller fitted to S Plan.
    Controller presents single solid white LED.
    No Hot water control visible, located or provided by the Tado Application loaded on phone.
    Now completely stuffed by inexperienced app programmers who don't live in the real world.
    @johnnyp. Any reason why you don't suggest how to resolve the issue of having no hot water control in the phone application?
    That's all we two guys need to know.
    Do you have a resolution to the problem described?
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Firstly, this isn’t Tado support, this is the community forum so ‘any reason why I don’t suggest how to resolve the issue’ is because I don’t know. You can contact Tado support through live chat, who might be more help.

If you describe what Tado equipment you have installed it would be helpful. Depending on what equipment you have, you can Google ‘Tado wireless receiver manual’ or ‘Tado extension kit manual’ to find instructions that might help in configuring it. Best of luck.
  • Donnyboy
    Options
    I'm sending it back. Tado loaded Hot Water tab to the app. Then removed it.
    A day later and I still have no assistance from Tado tech service.
    I couldn't treat my end users this way.
  • Donnyboy
    Options
    Conversation greatly appreciated jp78. But very confused about "Firstly, this isn’t Tado support, this is the community forum', when this forum is community forum, and not Tado support.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    I was just pointing out that I don’t work for Tado so I don’t have all the answers! Sorry Tado support (who should have all the answers) weren’t helpful either.