Instructions mention removing bridge - I don’t see one?

Options
Hey folks wondering if folks could point me in the right direction.

The app installation mentions removing a bridge, but I don’t see one on my setup. So throwing out a question so I don’t get it wrong.

Comments

• DominicEU
    Options
    Photos of my setup and the instructions are here:

https://imgur.com/a/9NJpWub
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

The bridge wire would have been installed in the factory. It's possible this wire was already removed when your original thermostat was installed.

• DominicEU
    Options
    So I’m good to just go ahead and ignore that step?

Should I be adding the Tado wires on the side furthest from the boiler controller? The side closest to the white tubing?
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

Yes, skip the step to remove the bridge wire. The outside edge with 4 wires is used to connect the Tado wires. If you look on the underside of the white lid that you removed, there is a diagram confirming the label for each terminal on the connector block.

• DominicEU
    Options
    Silly question:

Am I good to leave both connected? I have a dual heating zone property, I only have one Tado at the moment.

If I leave the old system connected at the same time as connecting the Tado, that’s not going to cause my boiler to like, blow up, is it?
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options
    What Tado device are you fitting? If you're fitting a single thermostat in a multi zone setup then you shouldn't be making any changes in the boiler.
  • DominicEU
    Options
    Wireless! My downstairs zone has heating, so I got the heating witeless kit.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

That's not going to work, you cannot wire it in parallel to your existing controllers. I assume the instructions you have received are based on a single heating zone and have not taken into account all the devices wired to your system.

The photo you posted showed four wires; Live, Neutral, Earth and Switched Live. The switched live is switching on your boiler, but is unable to determine which zone is calling for heat (only one wire on/off). The wiring for multiple thermostats needs to be before the two motorised zone valves. A thermostat will switch on its allocated zone valve and then the zone valve requests the boiler to switch on.

• DominicEU
    Options
    Sorry, perhaps this will explain my setup a little better, I’m not the most articulate, my setup sounds identical to this post, which I think captures things well: https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/12491/new-setup-unsure-what-i-need

What I’m hoping I can do today, is replace the downstairs Myson Touch, after wiring up the Tado Wireless receiver, and for now, leave the upstairs one intact (controlling only heating).

My wiring is as was shown before, but I’m growing a little more concerned as the wiring for the Tado receiver doesn’t actually have any wires going into the HW portion, as requested by the installation process.

Photo attached, something feels a little off. As of right now, both the controllers are wired to the boiler, but I haven’t replaced any of the Myson thermostats. On the wireless receiver, only the power and wireless LEDs are on.

https://imgur.com/a/owU9roG
  • DominicEU
    Options
    Oh, it’s you who commented on the other thread! Thanks for your continued support of those of us less skilled.

I guess one difference between Grahams setup and mine, is that my boiler is a potterton assure 18 system boiler
  • DominicEU
    DominicEU
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It’s also not the clearer picture, but it looks like there’s a bajillion wires on this downstairs Myson touch.

https://imgur.com/a/yvkPzTR
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

Any changes you have made to the boiler today you need to reverse and close the boiler back up.

The Wireless Receiver needs to be mounted in the same location as the downstairs Myson Touch. The terminals on the Myson and the Wireless Receiver are similar, but in a different order. The Myson has L and N in the middle, whereas Tado has them on the left. Note C = COM. Photograph and label the wires on the Myson before you make any changes.

The wireless temperature sensor can be mounted next to the wireless receiver, or in your preferred location.

When you change the upstairs thermostat you just need the add-on wired thermostat.

• DominicEU
    DominicEU
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Got it, thanks GrilledCheese. I’ve reversed the changes to the boiler and it’s now as it was prior to me touching it.

I’ve attached a few more photos, of the Myson wiring, and what’s behind the controller

If I wire the wireless receiver where the Myson Touch is, where exactly would I wire the wireless temperature sensor? Would I have to splice some of the existing wires or something? Or is there wires here that I wouldn’t need in the receiver and could put into the sensor?

It feels like the Myson touch was doing a two in one job, but I somehow need to split that now?

Appreciate all the guidance so far

Photos below; https://imgur.com/a/gnhcHni
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

No wiring required for the temperature sensor. Just screw it to the wall and insert batteries. Or purchase a stand and put the temperature sensor on a table or shelf in your preferred room.

• DominicEU
    DominicEU
    edited October 2022
    Options
    As always, right you are!

I’ve wired everything up, and the heating seems ok, but not getting a response from the hot water test, and not seeing it on the asp.

Attached pictures of before and after wiring. I don’t see many differences, apart from one that stands out.

In previous wiring there was a chain CH COM > L > HW COM. In new wiring there is L > CH COM > HW COM. Would that make a difference? I don’t feel like it should, but maybe?

Images below:
    https://imgur.com/a/gLhym5C
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

The absence of the HW tile in the App seems to be a common problem. Contact the support team on the chat service and tell them you have a 'system boiler with hot water cylinder wired as S-Plan'. They'll update the configuration to add the HW option and hopefully all should be working.

The wiring order for CH COM & HW COM doesn't matter.