Old thermostats are cooling so I Tado isn't compatible? (according to Tado)

Options

So I want to upgrade my thermostats to work with my combi boiler.

I have emailed support and got a weird answer I don't understand.

(I have two boilers in a house so was going to add two tado installs which is a whole other can of worms I know!)

Anyway downstairs I have a combi Boiler an Ideal logic combi c24ie and a hagar thermostat. I sent pictures of my boiler and stuff.

What I dont understand is that they said "your existing thermostat is capable of cooling so Tado isnt compatible"

I never heard of a combi boiler that cools I dont have any air conditioning etc.. so why would it matter if the old thermostat has the capibility? Its going in the bin.

Surely its down to the wiring (number of wires available) and the model of the combi boiler?

Surely its up to the electrician to wire the tado thermostat to the combi boiler? Or a good electrician can just rewire a new setup as long as their is enough wires, I think its 4 core wire.

Im a little confused what support means with this, can anyone shed any light on it?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Their response does not make sense. This Hager 54185 thermostat has two outputs NO (normally open) and NC (normally closed). The NO output is normally used to demand heat from a boiler/furnace and the NC output can be used to demand cooling from an air conditioner. The Tado wired thermostat has exactly the same wiring.

• ronan
    Options
    @GrilledCheese2 yeah its weird, why does tado have to be compatible with a thermostat. It's replacing the thermostat! Bizarre.