Do I still need the Alpha Easy-stat connected?

Options
I’ve just installed the Tado starter kit (wireless smart thermostat v3+), we have an Alpha Eco2 Plus boiler, which has a “Easy-stat wireless programmable room thermostat”… and it’s not clear to me if this should be still connected/ used.

There is no wired thermostat.
As far as I can tell the way to set the boiler to “continuous” is via the easy-stat.

However, I tried to use the roomboost today and nothing happened, until a couple hours later when the easy-stat had changed (on its own.. schedule?) to have the “heating request to boiler” symbol on.. I was then able to use the roomboost.

Seems like I’ve missed something in the setup, but it’s not clear to me what.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Where is the easystat? Is it on the boiler? Can you set it to permanently on? If this still doesn’t let the Tado take control you will have to look at unwiring it and probably bridging the circuit.
  • Carwash
    Options
    It’s a wireless programmable thermostat
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    You will probably need to take it out of the circuit, unless it can be set to permanently on.
  • starconf
    Options

As johnnyp78 sayts, you should be able to program the Easy-Stat to always on by changing the schedules on the Easy-Stat. This will let Tado take over control. Alternatively you could take the batteries out of the Easy-Stat so it looses communication with your boiler, then press the round button on the reciever on your boiler to turn it on. This will also allow Tado to control the boiler, but you will need to press the reciever button every time the boiler looses power for any reason.