A Bridge Too Far?

Options

I got one bridge with my starter TVR kit. If I get a room stat I'll get another bridge.

Do I have to use both? Do they each serve a different function?

If I only use the first one, is it possible to buy a room stat without a bridge as the only ones I see for sale all have a bridge?

Answers

• Folkranger
    Options

I got one bridge with my starter TVR kit. If I get a room stat I'll get another bridge.

Do I have to use both? Do they each serve a different function?

If I only use the first one, is it possible to buy a room stat without a bridge as the only ones I see for sale all have a bridge?

• Folkranger
    Options

For TVR read TRV😚 I don't need a sports car.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The bridge is the bridge between your Tado devices and the cloud. One per account only.
  • Folkranger
    Options

So can you buy the thermostat without a bridge?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Yes https://www.tado.com/gb-en/smart-thermostat-add-ons-overview
  • Folkranger
    Options

So am I right in thinking that I would need the Wireless and the Wirelss receiver and a back plate? and this would give me a wireless room stat that talks to my open therm boiler?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If you want to use Opentherm you need either an eu wireless receiver, a wired thermostat or a discontinued extension kit. You would only need a backplate if you wanted to mount the temperature sensor on a wall.
  • Folkranger
    Options

Thanks. Just to be sure, a UK wired will do along with the eu receiver?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Not sure what you mean? A uk wired what? Thermostat? To connect to the boiler you need either a wired thermostat OR an eu wireless receiver OR a discontinued extension kit. There are no uk wired thermostats or temperature sensors, there’s only one model.
  • Folkranger
    Options

Sorry I meant to write "UK wired thermostat"

Thanks, I now see which parts work together. I would say that the functions of the Tado range of components are so poorly described that confusion rather than clarity abounds.