TADO - hot water not hot enough

Options

Hi All,

I hope you will be able to help me with this.

I have installed the tado system (bridge, receiver, thermostat, valves). The heating is working ok and there is a hot water but the problem is the water is not hot enough. I am heating the water 2 x per day 30 min as I have cylinder storage. Before I was using the honeywell thermostat to control heating and water (I was heating the water the same 2 x 30 min per day morning and afternoon) and the water was much warmer (hot). To test it I have switched the thermostat back to the old one "honeywell" and again the water was very hot. When I checked my boiler with the old thermostat the target flow temperature of 75 Celsius was reached on the boiler when heating up. With tado when the heating mode is on the boiler is reaching only about 45 - 50 Celsius of target flow temperature. Do you have any ideas what may cause this difference.

Thanks

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    How is the wireless receiver installed? Relay or digital? It sounds like the boiler is modulating the hot water flow temperature down.
  • MS31
    Options
    Hi,
    I have the same issue where the hot water is not hot enough.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks
  • TPOGODA
    Options

MS31 I have discovered that the issue is only when the radiators heating is on at the same time as water heating.

I am trying to avoid running both at the same time. It works perfect in the summer but now the season has started and I was few time with a cold water as heating for radiators and water was on at the same time. I have attached the picture how my receiver is connected:

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Your wireless receiver wiring looks OK. Is this is a Hot Water problem vs Heating ... is your system an S-Plan (two zone valves) or a Y-Plan (one mid-position valve) ? Or??

From our experience, 30 minutes for HW may be too short time. With a tank thermostat and HW auto-circulating pump, 45 minutes is a minimum. 60 minutes is probably optimum for most heating systems.

• royi
    Options

When I installed my system nearly a year ago I had the same problem. The heating and hot water would come on at the same time, so I contacted tado and they changed a configuration remotely and it's been working ever since.

• MS31
    MS31
    edited November 2023
    Options
    This was resolved by the amazing Tado tech support.

My wireless temperature sensor was not connected. Once that got connected, the hot water is working as expected.

Response from tech support:
    “The wireless Temperature Sensor is the user interface of your hot water control, which is why it can have effect on your system”

Hope this helps others.
  • TPOGODA
    Options
    Wateroakley and others thanks for replays. I think the olution which works for me is to heat watter for 60 minutes between 5 am and 6 am when all my heating is off. The watter is very hot now so I will leave it like that for now. Thanks.