What Tado hardware do I need?

Options

Hello!

I really don't understand our home heating system. It's a build from 2015, so quite modern, but we were given no documentation.

I think there's two zones though: The living room, and then the rest of the house. Somehow hot water is involved, but I have no idea how 😅

The living room can stay on the danfoss zone for now, but we'd like the rest of the heating and hot water to be controlled by Tado.

We have:

• Boiler: Ideal Logic Heat 15 in kitchen
  • Danfoss TP9000ma-si underneath the boiler
  • Danfoss TS2 thermostat in hallway on ground floor
  • Hot water tank: Kingspan Range Tribune HE on first floor
  • Danfoss WB-12 attached to the tank
  • Danfoss TP4000/TP5000i/TP5000/TP5001+RF in the living room (the label says it's one of these, it's battery powered)

Can anyone suggest what we'd need to buy?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It really depends on the wiring.

First of all you’ll need to check whether your house has zone valves. For a zoned system without hot water control you’ll need two wired thermostats to control the zone valves. In order to get these you can order one wired starter kit and an add on wired thermostat. However, this also depends on you having two existing wired thermostats, which it sounds like you may not have.

It is possible that you could replace one of the wired thermostats to the zone valve with a wireless receiver, which would also control the hot water, and an additional wireless temperature sensor to replace your existing wireless thermostat.

If you want individual room control you’d need to put Tado trvs on the radiators.

A zoned house with hot water cylinder sounds like a fairly complicated install so I would definitely get a professional to look at it too.