Control for electric underfloor heating

Options

I have recently invested in a complete house Tado setup to work my central heating, hot water and air conditioning. The only area I have remaining is electric underfloor heating in my conservatory. My understanding is Tado can’t be used to control this as it doesn’t support temperature sensor probes which is a real shame as I would have liked a single system to control all my home.

If this is the case can anyone recommend an alternative smart thermostat that can be used for controlling my electric underfloor heating.

Many thanks

Answers

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

I have the same situation as you. I use a Warmup 4iE which supports both air and floor probes. I believe this might have been superseded by the 5iE or 6iE so you should check which supports your needs.

It's generally been reliable in the 6 years I've had it installed but the app and device user interfaces are a bit clunky. Earlier this year, I did have a small issue with early start kicking in despite being turned off. Not sure what triggered this but I eventually reset the device and re-added it to my account and so far OK. The downside of the reset was that I lost all historical consumption and temperature data.

The device is WiFi connected so doesn't need a bridge to connect.