Hot Water Stopped Working

Options
I have just installed my V3 system and it was working well. However, the hot water control has now stopped working:

• all wifi connections are working.
• there is power to the HW Com and NC terminals.
• however, when selecting HW On via the app nothing happens and there is no power to the HW NO terminal.
• pressing the HW Test button has no effect at all (although it worked on initial installation).

I suspect that there has been an internal failure in the receiver unit.

Any advice?

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options

@oldvole

This is likely to be an installation fault.....I strongly suggest that you contact tado° support for their guidance.

• oldvole
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, but the system was working but it appears that the HW relay is no longer working. I have contacted Tado.
  • davidlyall
    Options

Have you tried powering off the wireless receiver and powering back on again? My extension kit has locked up a couple of times and given the symptoms you describe so it could be a simple fix

It's not happened for ages with mine so I assume that firmware updates have resolved the issue

• oldvole
    Options
    Thanks for your reply - I suspect you are on the right track! Tado solved the problem - their fix:

" I have connected your Wireless Temperature Sensor to your Hot Water Zone in our system. This should have been connected automatically during the installation but for some reason it hasn't been. The hot water should be working now. If the issue persists, please let us know."
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

So.....it was an installation fault 🤔

• oldvole
    Options
    The system worked initially but I think the problem may have occurred when I then powered the Bridge off/on to tidy up the wiring.
  • Fenlander
    Options
    This started failing for me yesterday. It’s been working fine for two years. Suddenly HW not working and button will not
    Switch on manually. Plumber friend has said it’s the unit. Tado support is really bad that is not open during the weekend hope they get this resolved tomorrow
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options
    It might be a stuck relay in the unit. Some people have managed to free it by giving it a tap with a screwdriver head. Could be worth a try. Alternatively it could be a stuck hw valve, though perhaps your plumber friend has already looked at this?
  • ALB32
    Options
    So has it all resolved now? I’ve just started experiencing the same problem and have been in contact with customer services about it. They responded:

“I rebooted and adjusted the configuration of your formerly mentioned devices, I kindly invite you to try testing if your hot water works as it did before, please let me know the result, so I can assist you further.”

Unfortunately it didn’t resolve it. They asked for wiring pictures and have said it’s not wired correctly. May or may not be, it was done by a plumber though and it worked ok for almost a year until now. I’ve just posed my own topic on this which is awaiting approval but if it’s the wiring why would it suddenly stop functioning properly?
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    If Tado support is saying it isn’t wired correctly, have they told you how to correct it? Does seem odd if it was working before though.