Anybody out there with a sky router & tado?

Options
Hi all, I’ve just moved into a house with tado fitted and working before we moved in. All we done is replace the removed router with our Sky router. All system lights are white and the app says everything connected. All devices respond with Hi when queried and the bridge is displaying 3 white lights (the pairing light is flashing which not sure about but the app says the bridge is paired). Tado support has been unable to help so looking for any previous experiences. (We’ve tried all the suggestions re Sky boxes on the help site). Also has anyone been able to find a single tado engineer in the UK. I’ve tried their list for my area but none valid. thanks in advance.

Comments

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Have you tried searching?

There are some known issues with Sky - https://community.tado.com/en-gb/search?query=sky%20router&scope=site&source=community

Get another router just for testing.

• imrandjk
    Options
    Interesting. I have a sky router. Haven’t had any issues at all until today where the internet bridge looks connected but nothing else will connect. No problems until this morning.
  • GrilledCheese2
    Options

It's normal for the pairing led to flash for some time after the installation is setup. Is that the only issue?

• eezytiger
    Options

I've had Tado with Sky for almost a full year (51 weeks) and no problems. I've had different configurations over that time including using an Orbi Mesh network with the bridge plugged into different Orbi devices as I've sought to improve bridge connectivity. I think I even had an Asus gaming router in play for a bit.

Nowadays I've dumped the Orbi system and I'm using just my Sky SR203 router - replaced my ER115 in April this year- for the network. However, not that I imagine it makes any difference, but again in order to better position the bridge I'm using a powerline adapter from the router in the living room to the kitchen.

I did invest in a long Ethernet cable to replace the powerline, but I've been too lazy to upturn carpet and floorboards in order to run it out of sight. Maybe one day.

But the main point is, Tado and Sky play perfectly well together in my experience.