Smart Thermostat and smart TRV in the same room... no longer calling for heat

Options

Hi all,

I have a fairly simple heating setup. A Bunglow with just one heating circuit.

I've recently installed Tado and all is great... except the "lounge" room.

In the Lounge I have one radiator with a Tado smart TRV and the smart thermostat.

originally when I just had the TRV set as "lounge" it worked as supposed to. it called for heat and the boiler kicked in.

I then decided that as the Smart Thermostat was in the same room anyway, I'd stick the Smart Thermostat into the "lounge" room and make it the measuring device from the app.

Since then, it's not worked.

I've tried making the TRV the measuring device again, and that has worked sometimes, but now doesn't matter which device is the "measuring device", the boiler never fires up. I hear the TRV motor going, and the displays show the temp I've requested, but no hot water to the radiator.

I only have one heating controller and all devices seem linked and available in the app. I can select either the TRV or the smart thermostat for "lounge" as the measuring device so pretty sure all devices are accessible.

Other rooms with just the Tado TRVs work fine and will call for heat and fire the boiler.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Nick

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    On the app, click rooms and devices > lounge and make sure you’ve got the zone controller set to the wireless receiver/ extension kit, under heating zone. Sounds like at the moment it might be set to no zone controller.
  • Nick_P
    Options

Hi Johnnyp78

Thanks for replying. Really appreciate the assistance. The zone controller for "lounge" is selected as my only Tado zone controller on my Tado network in the app. The same controller as is associated to my other rooms.

It's really odd... it all looks like it should work, but the TRV or Thermostat in the "lounge" area just won't call the boiler up.

Cheers

Nick

• Nick_P
    Options

as another test...

If i call for heat from the "lounge" and any other room that needs heat at the same time, and "lounge" should also be getting heat, it does.

so, thermostat is working mechanically, and the network is in place too, but my "lounge" room just won't fire the boiler.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You could try pairing the trv again, sometimes they lose connection.
  • Nick_P
    Options

it's working I think :)

Basically, unpaired and repaired the TRV and smart thermostat. not the most elegant of solutions, but there you go...

Cheers

Nick