Temperature offset not working

Options
Andygsw
Andygsw
edited September 2022 in General Questions & Topics
Hi, for some reason when I go to calibrate the room temperatures using the offset function, the temperature shown on that screen does not correspond to the Home Screen.. it’s Along way out just in one room? Then when I change it to the correct temperature again, it either shows a much higher temperature if I adjust up… or a much lower temperature if I adjust down? Is it a faulty valve?

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

We have a temperature offset in one room (the TRV/Rad is partially behind a sofa). 'Temperature offset' should be visble in: Settings - Rooms and Devices - 'Room name' - Temperature offset. Our offset screen shows the 'current temperature' is 10.8 and the 'OFFSET' is -2.6. On the 'home' screen, the room is 13.4 degrees C, which makes sense with 10.8+2.6. We checked the actual temperature in the room with a digital thermometer. The offset is -ve if the room is colder than measured or +ve if warmer than measured (which may be counter-intuitive). After we had worked out which way the '+/- offset' worked, we made three adjustments (successive approximation) over a couple of days to get the Tado temperature to match the measured temperature. It works well for us.