Hot Water not working

Options
Hi
I am having serious issues with Tado Wirless extender and hot water - even though I switch ON hot water in the app, it’s just not working - we are without hot water in the house for the last 3 days and it’s really frustrating

I tried “testing “ by clicking the test button - the hot water lights turns on - but still no help

No error - no hot water -

I tried contacting Tado live chat ,sent multiple messages - and NO response even for second day — this is disappointing and any help will be appreciated :'(

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If you use the desktop version of the forum you can post pictures of the wiring here.
  • Jayaraj
    Options

Thank you - This is picture of my wiring - I had a professional electrician helping with installation.. but is there any issue with it

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Do you know whether you have an s plan or y plan system? Check whether the valve is sticking or if there’s a wiring issue there.

If you have a y plan system the wiring layout looks slightly different, but maybe there’s a reason the ground is wired to CH NC rather than HW NC. Check with the installer.

https://cdn.brandfolder.io/607DGEMS/as/tqh86npbjjhws5gwkxfncbfh/104172-DIGITAL-WRP01IB01-INSTALLER_MANUAL-TA-UK-00-V2.pdf
  • davidlyall
    Options

@Jayaraj, I agree with @johnnyp78, the wiring doesn't look right. The earth wire on CH NC shouldn't be connected there. You should check again with your electrician. Did they test the system before leaving to confirm it was fully operational?

Out of interest, do you hear the relay click in the wireless receiver when you use the test button or turn the HW on in the app? I have the older extension kit and it makes a clearly audible click from the CH and HW relays when they turn on/off. If you do it through the app, it can take a minute or so to react so be patient

• knockoff
    Options

Hi @Jayaraj.

Did you ever solve this problem. Do you think I have the same problem, and do you think your solution could help me? I'd be very grateful if you can share.

Thanks,

KO