Room graphs in app broken with latest update?

Options
wingphil
wingphil
edited September 2022 in General Questions & Topics

When looking at the graphs, the axes are drawn in white on a very pale grey background, so as to make them unreadable. I am sure this wasn't the case a few days ago.

Anyone else with the same issue? Or just me. I am on version 6.68.0 from 27th September, on Pixel 6 Pro.

Thanks,

Phil

EDIT: It's a dark mode thing. If I turn off dark mode, the graphs look fine. How do I report this as a bug?

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options

I saw the same thing yesterday morning but an hour or so later, it was fine. Hadn't changed any other settings on my phone (S9) so wasn't sure why it suddenly started working

I am finding the latest version to be much slower. Takes several seconds to open a room after tapping on the tile but once one has been opened, the rest will open instantly

• Same problem here (Samsung A52)

• Iain
    Options

I've got the same annoying thing. Is it the whole phone dark mode setting which needs to be changed?

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

My graphs are perfect......I am using the latest version of the Android App......but not switched to "Dark Mode"

• wingphil
    Options

Yep, works fine with dark mode turned off.

My phone doesn't seem to have a per-app setting for dark mode, so I would have to turn it off for the whole phone. I'm just putting up with the broken graphs for now.

• davidlyall
    Options

Yep, after checking again, it is dark mode causing this. I have my phone set to go on that mode during certain hours which is why it was working when I checked it again after a few minutes as it happened to be about the time of the change to turn dark mode off

• GrayDav4276
    Options

What are the " benefits" of "Dark Mode".......??🤔

• eezytiger
    Options
    If you have an OLED screen, as I do on my phone and tablet (each pixel individually lit as needed) instead of one giant backlight that is always on, then switching to dark mode, displaying unlit black pixels instead of dazzling white, you save battery power, especially in bright lighting conditions.

I'm grateful for dark mode and always use it on my Samsung devices.
  • BarryR
    Options

Same problem here (white text on a near-white b/g) on an oldish Samsung with Android 9.

• wingphil
    Options

Seems fixed for me now, with the update from 4th October. Possibly related to the upcoming dark mode in the app, announced in another thread?

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Apparently tado° are working to fix the problem between tado° and the " dark mode" feature of phones.