TRV's to fix my challenge

Options

Hello everyone,

I am living into a semi detached house and my current setup included two nest thermostats. One on the ground floor and one upstairs.

The problem is that during the refurbishment, we did not install a radiator on the upstairs landing (Where one of the nest thermostats is currently installed). the result is that the Nest is currently constantly demanding for heat making the rooms extremely hot.

I would therefore, like to explore the option to install tado smart TRV's on the first floor bedrooms to control the temperature into each individual room.

Would this be a good idea? I am concerned that even if I demand for heat from the Nest (putting it to high temp) the boiler would constantly fire if the tado TRV's is not completely shut.

Could this be the case?

I am looking to purchase 3 TRV's and an internet bridge. Would this be enough to make this configuration working?

I am aware that I should install a Tado thermostat, but I am so used to the nest that I do find hard to separate from that.

Many thanks in advance to everyone.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Tado trvs and a bridge will work. Your problem will be that if the Tado trvs shut off once they’ve reached their target temperature, the nest thermostat will keep calling for heat. Unless you set the nest to call for heat to a lower temperature, there’s not much of a way around this.
  • srichards
    Options

Move the upstairs nest into to one of the rooms with a radiator instead? I'd try that before spending out on a whole new system.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

You can take the Nest thermostat off the wall and attach it to a stand. You'll also need a USB style power adapter which you plug in the back of the thermostat. Nest branded stand and power adapters are readily available.