Unable to Add Device and Extension Kit Blinking 4 Times

Options

Hello,

I recently moved into a house which already had a Tado system installed. When we moved in we quickly realised that the internet bridge was missing so we could not get the system to work properly. We have since bought a replacement internet bridge so that issue is resolved.

HOWEVER...

I've tried to set up the system and have two problems:

1. When I try to scan the QR code on the thermostat to add the device I get a message saying 'Something went wrong - Please retry. If the problem persists please contact support'. I have contacted support but am yet to have a response so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I have managed to register and pair extension kit and the internet bridge on the app but without the thermostat connected it doesn't seem like I can use the system properly. I will note that based on the symbol on the thermostat it does seem to be paired with the internet bridge however turning the heating/hot water on or off does nothing to the boiler.
  2. I have successfully paired the extension kit with the new internet bridge however the light on the front of the kit is now flashing four times and then going blank repeatedly. Have I done something wrong or could this be something to do with the thermostat not being connected?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Coming up to two weeks without heating or hot water because of the problems we've had.

Thanks

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The extension kit flashing four times might mean there’a a wiring issue, Tado are a little bit oblique on what it signifies. You should contact support about this as well, and hopefully you’ll get a response.
  • JFis
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me.

The extension kit wasn't flashing before I paired it to the internet bridge and I believe the previous home owners had no problem using the kit.

Do the extension kits sometimes need re-wiring if the internet bridge changes?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    No, absolutely not, assuming it was wired correctly in the first place! It might need a firmware update, either way Tado support need to get back to you to see what the problem is.