Radiator thermostat not working after changing battery

Options

Hello,

I had 2 warnings about low battery in 2 different radiator stats. Changed the batteries in the first one no problem. But for the second one (in Bedroom 1), it now never shuts off the valve no matter what the temperature setting. And on the app it reads 22.8 degrees when I know the temperature is much lower. I've tried the following:

Replaced batteries as per instructions, several times

Checked new batteries are OK

Checked that the valve pin is moving in and out freely

Replaced batteries with unit removed, as per someone's suggestion on here, then re-fitted and replaced again

Lastly, swapped the unit for another in Bedroom 2. Bedroom 1 now working fine, Bedroom 2 not turning the radiator off, even when set to frost protection. Both bedrooms have the same adaptor, which is an aftermarket metal one.

Any ideas please?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Take it close to the bridge and try pairing it again, sounds like it’s lost connection.
  • Brian52
    Options

Hi Johnny, I've just tried that and no change. Radiator still belting out heat when the stat set to off. I've had to close the check valve. And it's still reading 22.8 degrees on the app.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I think in that case it’s time to contact Tado support.
  • slick7
    Options

I've had the same situation today. It helped remove batteries for a few minutes and then it started to work.

• Brian52
    Options

Once I've contacted Tado support and a ticket has been raised, what then? I can't find anywhere on their website or my account to monitor it.