Query before buying

Options
Hello,
I just want to check something before I purchase the wired thermostat, I currently have 2 wired thermostats by ESI, one upstairs and one downstairs, I have an Ideal combo boiler and was wondering do I just replace the wired thermostats or do I have to get anything extra to connect to the boiler?
The exact make of my thermostats are ESI RTP6

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options

Can either of your current thermostats call for heat? I'm assuming one covers upstairs and the other covers downstairs and each one connects to a motorised valve to direct CH flow where it's needed.

If that's the case then I think yes, you can replace them with Tado thermostats and retain the same functionality with the addition of setting schedules. You will need the bridge but that would come with a wired thermostat starter kit anyway.

If your boiler is a combi then you don't need the wireless receiver as that would only add HW control. If your boiler supports Opentherm then you could potentially see advantages in having an Extension kit to allow modulation of boiler output but others on here would be better placed to comment on that.

Posting your exact boiler model will help greatly

• Srodger
    Options
    Yeah it’s separate thermostats for each floor, the boiler we have is an Ideal Logic Combi ESP1 35
  • chatteh
    Options
    Srodger did you manage to get it to work? I have the exact same boiler and thermostats as you and looking to get Tado but not sure which kit I need.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wired starter kit plus add on smart thermostat.