Opentherm connection multi zone

Options
Hi, I have a 2 zone system currently using 2 wired thermostats is relay mode. These thermostats are connected to SRVs in most rooms. Can I connect the 2 wired thermostats to the boiler using the digital opentherm connections. My boiler is opentherm compatible. How will the boiler know which zone the command is from?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    In theory you can connect one thermostat to the boiler via Opentherm, make that the zone controller and make the other one a wireless slave. Zones are largely irrelevant with Tado as srvs give you room control. Depends on the wiring though.
  • keety123
    keety123
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi All

I have an Ideal Logic Logic Combi ESP1 35 Watt Boiler which has two zones that are controlled by two separate wired Danfoss TP-One thermostats that are connected to the on/off thermostat connection on the boiler. In addition I have 6 Radiators that have Manual TRVs and 2 Radiators that don’t have TRVs however these two radiators are in the same rooms as the wired thermostats (Main Bedroom and Lounge).

I want to replace my two wired thermostats with TADO thermostats (they can be wired or wireless) and replace the Manual TRVs with TADO Smart Radiator TRVs and control the boiler using the Opentherm.

Can anyone provide a list of the Tado Components that I need to purchase, as well as provide a link to the relevant installation instructions and wiring diagrams for connecting Tado to the boiler mentioned above using Opentherm.

Many Thanks
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options
    You would need to remove your two heating zones valves by shorting them open or taking them out of circuit somehow. Then wire a smart thermostat or eu wireless receiver direct to the boiler with Opentherm . Replace your trvs with Tado as required, no need to replace the wired danfoss thermostats (which I’m assuming are wired to the zone valves) unless you have a specific need for them.