UHF with several zones and Smart Radiator Thermostat diameter issue

Options

Our house has six zones of UFH on one collection stick and the valves have 46mm centre/centre distance, and the Smart Radiator Thermostat have a Ø52mm. Hence, I can only use Smart Radiator Thermostat on every second zone.

Is there any valve/ Thermostat extension so every second can be lifted above the ones on both sides ? Or any other way of solve this ?

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Based on your description I think you are describing the Manifold for your UFH system. The device you refer to is probably an Actuator Valve and not a TRV. You probably have a wall thermostat for each zone. You may be able to replace these with Tado - it depends if they are proprietary or using simple relay switching.

• dholstad
    Options

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Your description of my setup is correct, and I have already every second zone operational with Tado, and with several zones. My problem is that the Tado Thermostat diameter is to big to fit every zone on my manifold. Maximum diameter width for my manifold zone valves is 44mm.

• Craig330D
    Options

@dholstad have you had sucess with this setup?

I am just building my UFH system now, and have left over TRVs, I would like to use on the actuator instead of those supplied. Combining this with Tado Stats, I think it might work... but havent seen live examples.

Thanks

Craig