room thermostat

Options

I am new to all this, but could you tell me if i turn on say one room to 22 degrees and the room thermostat which is in an another room is set to 18 what happens ?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends what you mean. If both rooms have smart trvs, the trvs in the room set to 22 degrees will call for heat until it reaches the target temperature, while the smart trvs in the other room will remain closed.

If you just have temperature sensors in each room without smart trvs then I think there’ll be a conflict. The sensor in the room set to 22 will call the boiler for heat and the room set to 18 will stop it, once it hits the lower target temperature.
  • Ray1362
    Options

so basically if the wall thermostat is set to 18 and all the other rooms have smart TRVs fitted you can do what you want so why have one

• Ray1362
    Options

i Know it comes in the kit and heating systems have always been this way but is it still required ?

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Not really. What you can do is set the room thermostat to be the master sensor if you have more than smart trv in a room, which might give a more accurate temperature reading, depending on where the smart trvs are. If you’re getting continually inaccurate readings from a smart trv, you can put a temperature sensor in the room as well.

Also if you want a physical control to turn on the heating and the smart trvs are difficult to reach, you can use the temperature sensor.

However, if you’re happy with the temperature readings from the smart trv and controlling the heating from the app, you can skip the sensor.

This is all provided you have the wireless extension kit (aka wireless receiver). If your thermostat is wired directly to the boiler then you either need a Tado wired thermostat or to install the wireless extension kit.