Phone notifications

Hi.
I woke up this morning at 7:50 to see my home wifi was down. I knew this because my ring alarm notified me it was using mobile back up. Nothing from the Tado app.
Our hot water is scheduled 7:30 to 8:30 and wasn’t on. In the Tado app all rooms and hot water were showing no remote access.
I reset my home wifi and within minutes everything sprung back to life and the hot water turned on. Ring notified me it was back online but Tado nothing.
My wife went in the shower shortly after and before I could tell her so she had a luke warm shower.
Why does Tado not inform me when devices have no remote access? Is this a simple setting I’m missing in the app?
How can I see the historic offline times? I need to know if my hot water controller was offline during one of its two scheduled heating periods. Last night my toddler had a luke warm bath as the water wasn’t hot. I put it down to our 12 year old boiler that’s on its way out but now I’m thinking it’s Tado.
I’m really unimpressed by the lack of notifications and feedback from the app when things go wrong. I hope it’s just settings I can change!

Comments

• I'm sorry to say Steve that what you have just experienced is "par for the course" for tado° notifications when your system goes "offline".
    Many users have informed tado° that they (tado°) need to improve this incredibly important area of their App and product.
    I have still not seen any discernable change in tado°s attitude towards sorting this out.
  • Wow, thanks GrayDav. That’s pretty shocking! I can see no reason at all that simple notifications couldn’t be added. I’m sure feedback showing when the hot water was actually on vs scheduled to be on couldn’t be that difficult either. What’s the point of smart heating if it’s not that smart at all. Tado continues to disappoint!
  • I just noticed all devices had no remote access again just now despite no issues with WiFi. So that explains the reason for cold water last night. My Tado had obviously suddenly decided to become temperamental 🙄
    I wonder if the reason Tado won’t add these notifications is because if they did we’d all know just how unreliable Tado is and how often our devices are offline which we’d otherwise not know.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Next time you have an issue....check what is displayed in the "Care & Protect" Tile.........it will likely say that "no fault indicated"......go figure?? 🤔
  • johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    @777Steve sadly you have found out that Tado is not fit for purpose without a working Internet connection.
    I am lucky to have a dual WAN connection for other purposes, which is the only way to resolve this currently, albeit an expensive way to fix their design deficiencies.