Ideal Combi C30 boiler installing Tado Smart thermostat

Options
JayMcB
JayMcB
Hi All,
I had an Ideal Combi C30 boiler install done last year. They give us a standard on/Off timer. We would like to install the Tado smart thermostat my son's got me for father's Day.
But I've confused myself about the wiring between forums, manual and Tabo apps....lol

Can anyone help

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have a separate thermostat? If so is it wired to the boiler or is it wireless? If it’s wireless you’ll need an extension kit. If it’s wired you can replace it with the wired Tado thermostat. If you don’t have a thermostat at all at the moment you’ll need either to wire the Tado thermostat to the boiler or get an extension kit and link the Tado thermostat to that.
  • JayMcB
    Options
    Hi Jonny,
    From what I can see. The boiler is linked to a timer that is wireless to another device that lets us turn on and off and set timers

This link has photos of all the wiring from boiler to switch

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OmmqhKXi2sKpnDhepJXesbxL8FMBt6-q
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I can’t see that link but it sounds like you have a wireless thermostat. You’ll need the Tado wireless extension kit if you don’t already have it and you may need to disconnect the timer in the boiler. Tado support can talk you through how to install it.
  • loopy82
    Options
    Did you get it installed ok? I am having users with this boiler. And my newly installed tado which keeps turning the boiler on….. I’m so hot!!!
  • loopy82
    Options
    The tado wireless thermostat was installed to the ideal logic+ combi 30 boiler (2016 model) by my brother who is a trained plumber and has installed hive and nest systems on multiple occasions.

All the modules - thermostat, receiver, internet bridge and the app on my phone appear to talk to each other as if I turn the heating on the stat up above the current room temp the light comes on the receiver and the boiler comes on and I can see the change in the setting on my phone. Likewise I can do it similarly via my phone.
    The app on my phone recognises when I am away and puts me in ‘away’ mode. However, the boiler comes on when it is below 20degrees regardless of the setting in the schedule/on the stat.

I have moved the location of the internet bridge which appeared to ‘fix’’ it and my boiler to recognise the schedule, as it allows the room temp to fall below 20, without the boiler turning on, however I then went to drop my boy to nursery came back and the house was boiling…. So it didn’t work after all…..