Airco fan speed control with Google Assistant

It appears that setting fan speeds (low, medium, high, auto) for our Tado controlled airco devices with Google Assistant is currently not supported. We can set the temperature, and set cooling or heating with Google Assistant, but not the fan speed. Fan speed is always set to “medium” if you turn the Airco on with Google Assistant, whereas we want it to be set to “auto”. We need this for our home automation system, which uses Google Assistant. I suggest to add this feature.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• B.t.w. Google Assistant is also known as Google Home. For instance I need to be able to say: “Hey Google, set airco to cooling at 22 degrees and set airco fan to automatic”. Currently I can only set the temperature of the airco with Google Home / Assistant, the fan speed will always be set to medium, even if it was last set to automatic. This is not useful for us. There is at least one other product that has implemented the fan speed control with Google Home, https://www.airzonecontrol.com/aa/en/blog/how-to-voice-control-your-air-conditioning-with-aidoo-via-google-assistant/, so it is possible.

• To be sure, you can set the fanspeed of the airco within the Tado app?

• It should be possible to configure a 'default' Fan speed, so that when we ask Google to 'turn on the A/C' it would select that Fan speed (e.g. Auto) and not always the minimum fixed speed as today.

• Curfske
    Curfske
    edited July 2023
    Is there still a solution for this? The fan speed goes now to 3 if I put the AC on with Google. I want auto our a lower speed and the AC must always swing. Can I set a default setting somewhere for if I ask google to turn on the AC?
  • alextsi
    alextsi
    edited August 2023
    I have the same problem as well.
    Fro some reason the Smart AC is not registered as an AC unit with Google Home, instead it's registered as a thermostat. That is why there is no fan control.

I'm not sure why it's designed this way though. If anyone has found a solution, I'm really interested.