How do I use Tado with a combi and two heating zones, UFH and rest of house rads?

Options

Hi All. I've had Tado for over two years with a conventional boiler/tank/CH system. The existing system was a boiler with controller/extension kit, internet bridge, a wireless stat that I use in the living room to regulate the temp of two rads with Tado TRVs and then Tado TRVs on the rest of the rads throughout the house. It's worked faultlessly.

I've been having some serious renovation work done on the property and one thing was a new boiler, which is a combi and an Under-Floor Heating zone in the kitchen. The plumber has installed two zone valves, one for the UFH and one for the rest of the house. So I can have either the UFH heating, the rest of the house rads heating or both systems heating at once.

Currently the boiler isnt wired up with a controller as I'm waiting for the sparky but we've been chatting and are unsure how to control this new setup with Tado. I bought a wired stat, as thought that would work for the UFH zone/pump controller, but I can't get my head round how to wire it all up.

Can the extesion kit control 2 zones as well as HW, and then I use two wirelss stats for the two zones, or do i need to used a wired one for the UFH, and a second wired stat for the rest of the house?

I just cant get my head round it. I'd appreciate any guidance, cheers!

Answers

• bonus_uk
    bonus_uk
    edited September 2022
    Options
    You won't want the boiler to come on until at least one of the valves is open.

I've no idea if this will work but what I would look into is.

Wired stat to UFH zone valve, zone valve open switch to heating wiring centre, wiring centre to boiler.

Wireless stat to wireless receiver, receive CH on to CH valve, CH valve on switch to wiring centre, wiring centre to boiler.

You then make sure the wired thermostat doesn't have the wireless receiver set as it's zone controller in the app or it will turn the CH rads on when it turns on.

My wiring centre is a Danfoss WC4B.