how to instruct Alexa to tell TADO to Resume Schedule for all thermostats (6)

I have setup 6 thermostats in the house with schedules, BUT when I tell ALEXA to increase the heating in one or two rooms, TADO does not "Resume Schedule" until I use the app to do it!. Can anyone tell me how to set up a routine in ALEXA to do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @jammyian31
    You need to make this change in the tado°App.....not within an Alexa routine.
    An Alexa voice command is "seen" by tado° as a "Manual" change (as if you made a physical change to the device), therefore to make your device return to it's schedule, do the following ;
    From your tado° App homepage....
    Select Settings > Rooms & Devices, then select the arrow on the right hand side of the Room......then select "Manual Change on tado° device".....now choose the "Timer" option and set your required time (I set mine to 30 mins)

Now once you have told Alexa to increase/decrease temperature, after the set "timer" your Room will revert back to it's current schedule.
  • Hello @GrayDav4276 - ahhh that is helpful, at least I can now know that the hot water will not just stay on.

Still think that TADO could introduce an Alexa "Duration" support feature to make it easier, and a Quick Button though.

Cheers - have set the Manual override on my Hot Water now to Timer!

Best wishes, James

• I thank you, working now

• I thank you, working now.

• @jammyian31

You are welcome 👍