Adding Tado for wet underfloor

Options
We currently have Tado set-up for our central heating (radiators) and hot water and working fine. This comprises a Tado wireless thermostat with Tado extension kit/programmer.

We have one additional room that is wet underfloor, and trying to connect this room up to Tado as well. Our plumber replaced the Honeywell wireless thermostat that controls that room, with a Tado wireless thermostat and replaced the Honeywell receiver for the wet system with a Tado Smart Thermostat. However, it seems the Tado Smart Thermostat is only showing up in the app as another room ‘thermostat’ and not as a ‘receiver’ for the wet underfloor that I can link with the new Tado wireless thermostat. Has my engineer used the wrong product or should this work? Otherwise do I need another Tado extension kit/programmer in place of the smart thermostat? Thanks

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

A Tado system can only have one actual receiver/extension kit, you cannot add another one for the UFH. The Tado Smart Thermostat will appear as a room in the app even though it is acting as a type of receiver. In the app you need to put the Wireless Temperature Sensor in the same logical room as the Smart Thermostat for this thermostat/sensor combination to work.